Vine Associates is focused on key “back office” functions aimed at making the work of other organizations more effective. We focus mainly on groups that are linked to our broad purpose.
The operational purpose of the corporation is to facilitate the activities of diverse ministries which are dedicated to the Christian faith as described in the doctrinal foundations. It is intended to address the needs of the local community, support the outreach of cross-cultural missions, and foster coordination of individuals and organizations with similar goals and beliefs.
Vine does this mainly by:
- Administrative and fund processing for other ministries that are aligned with our Purpose, volunteer alumni serving overseas, and local marketplace ministers.
- Handling finances for volunteers who go on missions trips.
- Vine handles the finances for trainees who will volunteer their time to serve, generally overseas
- Vine pays the on-the-ground expenses for hotels, rental cars, meals etc. pertaining to the teams that travel
- Vine has its own direct expenses, such as key contractors (bookkeeping, etc.)
- Vine reimburses partners for training costs related to volunteers where direct invoices are presented.
- Mobilizing trainers to work on joint projects.
- Special projects consistent with Vine’s purpose.
What we see today is rightly described as a “marketplace partnering relationship” between various entities, each contributing what they do best. Vine Associates handles program-related volunteer-funding. Vine serves the “customer facing” organizations and individuals who handle program development, some aspects of training, and service delivery to end recipients of services consistent with Vine’s purpose.